LIFE iSEAS partners are starting to organize the final conference of the project, to be held in Vigo, Spain, from May 2 to 4, 2018. This will be an International Conference on advances in marine technologies applied to discard mitigation and management
MARTEC2018, which will include both the scientific and fishing sector.
- Scientific works will be presented during the first two days, whereas the 4th May will be focused on the participation and debate with the fishing sector
- The topics analyzed in MARTEC18 will be the following:
- Advances on board: Innovative fishing gear and solutions for the identification and quantification of the total catch.
- Data management and processing: Definition of an efficient modelling tools of fishing activities and policies for resources assessment.
- Solutions in land: Innovative management solutions for the landing obligation compliance.- Socio-economic implications: Determination of the best available techniques to comply with the landing obligation.
- The future of fishing sector: Opportunities and threats beyond 2019. Round table with experts.
The Conference will count on the following speakers already confirmed: Ussif Rashid Sumaila, Tom Catchpole and Ernesto Peñas Lado.
More information: https://www.martec2018.com/